Jeff Essmann Elected Chairman of the MTGOP
Helena, MT – On Saturday, June 26, 2015 delegates to the Montana Republican Party’s Officers’ Nominating Convention elected Jeff Essmann to serve as Chairman of the Montana Republican Party.
“It is truly an honor to be elected as your next Chairman. I am ready to listen and to get to work to advance our cause and elect more Republicans to statewide office,” said Jeff Essmann, Chairman of the Montana Republican Party.
“I want to thank former Chairman Will Deschamps for his selfless service and Dan Happel for his commitment to our party. I look forward to working with them both as we come together to grow the party and build on our success. Now is the time to unite as we work to make 2016 and beyond better for our cause and for Montana.”
“Over the last several weeks I have been listening to Republicans across Montana about how we can grow the party and make our organization stronger. As Chairman, I pledge to be open, honest, and accountable to every member of our party and to listen, communicate, and work with every person who supports our cause. We have a lot of work to do between now and the 2016 elections. The time for action is now and I am ready to get to work.”
As Chairman, Essmann has laid out a series of proposals to help strengthen the Montana Republican Party, including:
- Focusing on candidate recruitment to field credible, principled Republican candidates up-and-down the ballot.
- Making fundraising a priority so the MTGOP has the resources needed to help Republican candidates and organizations.
- Reorganizing MTGOP operations and convening a strategic advisory team to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the MTGOP, solicit advice from across the party, and build an action plan for 2016.
- Establishing a Young Leadership Group of younger Montana Republicans to lead the effort to engage their peers.
- Providing regular and frequent updates to Montana Republicans so they can learn more about the party’s activities and how they can get involved.