FACT CHECK: Bullock’s Lies Come in Five
Can you believe how dishonest Governor Bullock’s new ad is?
(1) Bullock falsely casts himself as a believer in “fiscal discipline and accountability.”
- Under Bullock, government spending has increased by over 25 percent – $800 million – while the gross state product grew by only 9 percent.
- Clearly, Bullock forgot about his administration’s $1 billion accounting error last summer – and how no one was held accountable or lost their job because of it.
- Don’t forget how the company that employs the wife of Bullock’s budget director secured a $23 million government leasing contract without a competitive bidding process or looking at alternative sites.
(2) Next, Bullock beats his chest for working to “balance the budget every year.”
- Governor – It’s a constitutional requirement and it’s carried out by the Montana Legislature!
- Thank goodness we do have a balanced budget requirement because without it he’d never balance the budget!
(3) Bullock then makes outrageous claims about Montana’s “$300 million rainy day fund.”
- There’s no $300 million rainy day fund in Montana. It’s all but gone – reduced to maybe $100 million – and with Montana’s negative economic growth since the end of last year and declining tax revenues, it’s entirely possible that we will run a deficit next year.
(4) Bullock also goes on to praise himself for “no new taxes.”
- Well, Bullock VETOED tax relief bill after tax relief bill that would have returned money to Montana families – he kept your hard-earned money so he could increase government spending and bring more government into our lives.
- One of the bills Bullock VETOED would have lowered tax rates for ALL Montanans by eliminating special interest tax credits for his fringe environmental cronies – who coincidentally are now funding his campaign.
(5) Finally, Bullock’s living in a liberal’s state of denial when he says he “cracked down” on wasteful spending.
- Under Bullock, state spending has increased a whopping $800 million over the last 4 years!
- Yes – $800 million! Proving he is no responsible steward of Montana’s fiscal health.
Those are all of Bullock’s five 5 outrageous lies in just one TV commercial!
Montanans deserve better. VOTE Greg Gianforte for Governor. Greg’s proven record of success and creating Montana jobs will bring real leadership to the Governor’s office.