Bullock & Hillary Will Finish What Obama Started: Shut Down Colstrip
Montana was devastated to learn yesterday that Colstrip Units 1 & 2 will be shut down because of Obama’s job-killing energy agenda and the work of the fringe environmental movement. This is heartbreaking news for the livelihoods of the Colstrip community and its workers, and for all Montanans. We will now see more good-paying Montana jobs lost, critical funding for our communities dry up, and higher electricity bills.
This is an assault on our way of life and Montanans should be outraged by the complete dishonesty from Governor Bullock – making even more misleading claims – that he will “stand with the workers and the community of Colstrip.”
You take one look at Bullock’s record and it’s crystal clear: Bullock has abandoned the Colstrip community and all Montana coal workers.
Bullock’s faux outrage is about protecting his re-election chances – not the workers of Colstrip and the thousands of Montanans who have a good-paying job because of our Montana-made energy.
If Bullock and Hillary win in November they will finish what Obama started: Shutting down Colstrip and putting thousands of Montanans out of work.
We need your support today with a small donation of $10, $15, or even $25 to fight back against this job-killing energy agenda. Please help us stop Bullock and Hillary before it’s too late!
Bullock’s Actions Threaten Colstrip, Thousands of Montana Jobs
- Bullock can’t claim to stand with the Colstrip community and its workers when he supports Hillary Clinton for president – who brags about putting a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.
- Bullock promised Obama’s job-killing energy regulations would NOT shut down Montana’s coal plants. Well, that’s completely false: Colstrip Units 1 & 2 will be closed forever and the Corette power plant in Billings was demolished – eliminating 35 Montana jobs – because of these job-killing energy regulations.
- 7,000 Montana jobs lost and a $1.5 billion hit to our economy is the reality we face if we don’t stop the Obama-Hillary-Bullock job-killing energy agenda in November.
- In fact, Montana already lost 200 jobs at our coal mines, railroad companies, and on the Crow Reservation this year as a result of these job-killing energy regulations.
- Earlier this year, Bullock permanently killed the Otter Creek coal jobs project – blocking 4,400 high-paying Montana jobs from being created. Going back to his days as Attorney General, Bullock was dead set against this jobs project.
- Bullock never even took the fight to Oregon when they considered and eventually passed a bill to cut off all the coal-generated electricity it receives from Colstrip–threatening its entire operation and thousands of Montana jobs.
- When Washington passed a bill to ban the use of Colstrip’s coal-generated electricity, Bullock was silent for weeks on this issue stating he had no plans to ask Washington’s Governor to VETO the measure. It was only after Greg Gianforte put the pressure on Bullock to do more to protect Colstrip that he decided to reverse course and ask for a VETO – discreetly mentioning this in an op-ed as if he didn’t want too many people to know about it.